Circular Polarizer Filter
Breakthrough Photography X2 CPL features critically sharp AGC glass made in Japan, the most color neutral performance of any circular polarizer available and their all-new traction frame design.
• Critically sharp AGC glass made in Japan
• State-of-the-art 8-layer multi-resistant coating eliminates flaring and ghosting
• Made in the USA, Breakthrough Photography polarizing film has the most color neutral results of any CPL filter
• nanotec nano coating layers repel dust, water and other elements making it faster to clean
• Unique ultra-slim traction frame design with edge traction with the smoothest rotation of any CPL
• 25 Year Ironclad Guarantee with U.S-based support
Traditional standard flat black polarizers have smooth surfaces and are often difficult to rotate, so when Breakthrough Photography set out to design a circular polarizer they wanted to make it as easy as possible to rotate the front ring, without having excess play. Breakthrough Photography found that by CNC machining traction directly into the sides of the filter frame photographers could easily get filters on and off securely. But with polarizers the primary problem is the ease of rotation. To make rotation as effortless as possible they experimented with many different prototypes and the prototypes with edge traction won photographers over. By having edge traction it's a lot easier to rotate with just one finger, which can be especially useful when a lens hood is attached.
Durable By Design
Like Breakthrough Photography X2 ND and UV, the X2 CPL is CNC machined with environmentally friendly aluminum to be incredibly durable, yet from the moment you pick it up you'll notice how astonishingly light it is. Weather-sealed construction means your lens stays protected from the elements and with their nanotec coating water, dust and other elements repel rather than stick. The X2 CPL is also double-threaded which allows for easy filter stacking and is fully compatible with all of your lens caps.